THE 5 BEST STICK VACUUMS ON THE MARKET
Regular vacuums can be clunky, hard to operate, loud, and very expensive. When you need something for simple clean-ups or have very little carpet, bigger vacuums may not always be the best choice – especially if you have lots of hard to reach spots, close-by neighbors, or pets that yelp every time you turn on your vacuum.
But don’t worry, this list equips you with all the best alternatives to a regular vacuum. And the best alternatives are stick vacuums. These allow you to reach those tight spots you couldn’t get before without moving a bunch of furniture around. They are also quieter and far less expensive! So, you can get the same level of clean but on a budget!
Before we go into the list, though, here’s how we determined our choices.
CUSTOMER REVIEWS ARE EVERYTHING
When making our list, our number one factor is customer satisfaction – and there’s no better place to look than reviews. Because if any product deserves to be on a “best of” list, then it should be able to withstand customer opinions in the review sections.
But that’s not all we consider. We also take note of the various features that each stick vacuum has to offer and why you would enjoy owning one. Although stick vacuums have a universal appeal of being versatile and easy to store away, each one has its own special something.
And that special something will be noted in each description.
So, here they are – the best stick vacuums on the market!
FOR PETS: DYSON V6 (4.5 OUT OF 5 STARS)
[amazon box="B07FTPS3K4" /]
When you’re looking for stick vacuum, sometimes you still need the power of a regular vacuum – especially when your decision to buy a vacuum depends on how well it’s going to clean up after your pets.
This is where the Dyson V6 vacuum comes in, because it’s designed specifically for pets and the messes that they leave.
This vacuum is completely cordless and can run for up to an hour on a battery! That’s a pretty long time consider the power that it gives you.
Some V6 models advertise as giving you 150% percent more brush power – and the customers seem to approve with over 4.0–star ratings on Amazon.
Here are some other features:
- Filtration system that’s fully sealed to lock down 99.97% of all particles. This means you don’t have to worry about that pet hair escaping after you cleaned it up the first time.
- “Point and shoot” bin emptying system so that the mess goes exactly where it needs to – in the trash.
- Various features to give you the desired power and time duration to get the job done.
The Dyson V6 is certainly not the cheapest stick vacuum on the market as it’s priced over $200 for every model. But if that’s still in the budget you need a vacuum that can handle the messy clean-ups that pets make, then it’s probably the best stick vacuum for you.
BISSELL FEATHERWEIGHT (3.5 OUT OF 5 STARS)
[amazon box="B06ZY7BTWM" /]
Now, for those of you that need a stick vacuum for the versatility they offer, look no more. The Bissell Featherweight vacuum is exactly that. It’s incredibly easy to store and has the ability of converting into a powerful hand vacuum as well.
But it doesn’t take that much away from power, either.
Here are the other features you can expect with this great stick vacuum.
- Great for hard floors, carpets, rugs, and more, allowing you to hit all the areas you desire to get your home nice and clean
- Has an included attachable crevice tool to reach the tough spots
- 15 feet of power cord to give you the reach you need
This is also one of the best stick vacuums if you want to be cost-effective, as it sits below $35 on Amazon with over 4.0–stars.
SHARK NAVIGATOR FREESTYLE (4 OUT OF 5 STARS)
[amazon box="B00C351GBC" /]
The Shark Navigator Freestyle stick vacuum is one of those all–in–one type of vacuums. It’s cordless and battery-charged, it’s extremely light weighing only 7.5 pounds, and it’s easy to store away.
And it also comes with A LOT of power.
While giving you all of the above features, it’s also one of the best stick vacuums for removing pet hair. That means it’s reliable for heavy–duty cleanups.
But that’s not all – here are some more features:
- Rechargeable in about 4 hours
- 2–speed brush roll to give you optimized settings for both bare floor and carpets
- Dust bin is “XL–capacity” and easy to remove and dump into the trash bin, making time-wasting trips less of a hassle while you’re trying to get cleaning over with.
This isn’t the most expensive vacuum on the market, but it’s not as cheap as the Bissell. On Amazon, you can get the Shark Navigator freestyle for just under $100.
HOOVER CYCLONIC STICK VACUUM (4 OUT OF 5 STARS)
[amazon box="B003ZYPZ0I" /]
If you want a stick vacuum with the power of a Hoover vacuum – but at a relatively affordable – then this might be it. The Hoover Cyclonic ensures absolutely no loss of suction while vacuuming and gives you maximum movement and recline to reach under extremely difficult spots.
This vacuum is a good price – around $65 on Amazon – for giving you a classic Hoover technology. That’s what makes this one of the best stick vacuums on the market.
Here are some other features:
- Cyclonic technology to make sure you get the suction you need to get the task at hand finished.
- Easy transitioning between hardwood and carpet floors
- Edge cleaning bristles to provide extra cleanliness for around your house
- 20–foot power cord.
EUREKA BLAZE 3-IN-1 SWIVEL (4.5 OUT OF 5 STARS)
[amazon box="B075P7J8BB" /]
This is an extremely versatile vacuum. And for under $30, you can’t go wrong here. The Eureka Blaze 3–in–1 is exactly that – three in one. It goes from an upright vacuum, you a hand vacuum, to a mini vacuum ideal for cleaning the steps.
But that’s not all – the name also mentions “swivel,” and that’s because it moves extremely easy and allows you to hit every area you want as quickly as you think to get it.
No more having to pick up your vacuum and placing it where you want it to go.
Here are other features:
- Designed specifically to be able to get larger objects
- Has a washable filtration that improves air quality, making it a more welcoming environment for people with allergies or are sensitive to pollen
- Only 4 pounds and takes all unnecessary weight off of your back and legs
- 18–foot power cord
And these characteristics are what make this the best stick vacuum around. It allows the utmost versatility and maneuverability at the lowest cost, giving you everything you need in a stick vacuum.
BUT WAIT, WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A STICK VACUUM…?
So, it may not be as easy as knowing what vacuums are out there.
You may need to narrow it down by the specific cleaning tasks that your household requires. If you have pets or messy children, you may need something a little different than someone who lives alone.
So here are some things to look for when shopping.
- Size: Buying a stick vacuum is all about being easy–to–use and light on the back. If a stick vacuum has a clunky look to it and is still heavy, what’s the point in buying it? Look for one to suit your needs, but also remember that as you go smaller, you generally give up power. That leads to number two.
- Power: Sure, you need a lightweight and easy–to–store vacuum, but you still need a vacuum! That is, you still need something that isn’t so lightweight that it can’t suck up the messes you need to clean. So, make sure you’re not forfeiting the sufficient power you need just to get as small of a vacuum as possible.
- Maneuverability: This is also essential for many, because one of the main problems with regular vacuums is that they are simply too clunky and heavy to operate. This is especially true when you have to lug it around a house and vacuum the stairs (as I remember I did many treacherous days as a child). Make sure you’re getting the versatility you need before purchasing a vacuum.
- Price: This is probably an obvious one and something that not many people overlook, but it’s still important to note once again. Everyone has a budget, so be sure you know yours before getting tempted into spending or saving too much.
NOW THAT YOU’RE EQUIPPED WITH KNOWLEDGE, GO GET YOUR VACUUM
So, you know what vacuums exist and you know what you need in terms of size, power, versatility, and price. It’s time to make a decision on the best stick vacuum for you.
If the ones above didn’t impress you, either, they are at least good starting points for you to go out and make an informed purchase. And, if anything, this list helped you know what you need to look for.
Happy vacuum shopping!