Do you find that you can fall asleep anywhere? Are your friends jealous that you can roll up into a ball and pass out in an office chair or on a seat in an airplane?
What they don’t realize is that waking up and moving is much harder than falling asleep. You wake up with a crick in your neck or back pain that makes you sweat out of your eyes sometimes.
That’s where airplane pillows, also known as travel pillows, come in. There are so many out there on the market today that you’re bound to find one that you’re going to enjoy sleeping on anywhere.
- Comparison Table
- PICKING THE BEST AIRPLANE PILLOWS
- A FEW LAST WORDS ON AIRPLANE PILLOWS
PICKING THE BEST AIRPLANE PILLOWS
It’s easy to see why an airplane pillow is a crucial part of traveling comfortably, especially when you have kids, or you are going to be traveling for a longer distance. With that in mind, every single traveler from kid to adult is going to have a different requirement for what is considered comfortable.
Since pillows come in every shape and size, you can choose the traditional horseshoe-shaped pillow or one of a number of other designs to suit your needs.
Below is a list of the top ten pillows for traveling with a variety of consumers in mind:
1. Trtl Pillow
- The TRTL PILLOW is a SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN travel pillow to keep your head in a BETTER POSITION when sleeping upright by...
- SUPER SOFT fleece combined with a unique hidden internal SUPPORT, plus some EXTRA COSY CUSHIONING creates a comfortable...
- Our UNIQUE PATENTED DESIGN is your ticket to an awesome night’s sleep, wherever you are. Designed to look like a...
It is pronounced “turtle” and is uniquely shaped as it allows for supporting the weight of your head while still being a low-profile pillow.
It is made with a soft fleece that wraps around your neck similarly to the way a scarf would wrap around you. There is a pad that is contoured as well to keep the pillow in the shape that you need it to be.
If you notice that when you’ve got a traditional airline pillow, it seems kind of bulky, right? That won’t be the case with the Trtl Pillow because it folds up nicely to fit into your carry-on. That means that you also get a pillow with support that ends up being able to pack up when you’re done with it.
2. AMC Multi-Function Travel Pillow
This pillow does more than just act as your pillow. It also acts like a stand for your iPad or other tablet when you’re not using it for sleeping. When you need it to get some shut-eye, then you can use the classic U-shape to support your head and neck while you sleep.
For tablets,there are tabs in every corner to keep it securely in place, so you can watch or read as desired. It’s not particularly small or compact, so this one will add some bulk to the luggage that you’re carrying.
3. Comroll Travel Pillow
- Advantage of this AIRPLANE PILLOW Comparing with Traditional Pillow: It gives you many ways to position your head for...
- Durable Construction for Long Last: Every single of our INFLATABLE PILLOW is made in specially choosen material of...
- Easy to Inflate & Deflate: For inflation, please open the second valve to blow air, quick infaltion in 4-8 breaths, fast...
Never rest your head on the tray table because it’s not that comfortable, not to mention, they’re usually pretty filthy. However, if you prefer to lean in that direction, you’re not without options when it comes to pillows. Consider the Comroll Travel Pillow as a viable alternative to selecting to lie down on the table.
The design of this particular pillow allows you to rest your face in the pillow kind of like a massage table has an opening. You can also put your arms through the pillow for added stability. The design has plenty of support when it’s in use, and it compresses down into a small pouch you can put in your purse when you’re done.
The material is also washable, but you probably won’t use it for anything other than traveling.
4. Samsonite 2-in-1 Magic Travel Pillow
- U-Shaped pillow converts to square-shaped pillow in seconds
- Ergonomic design provides proper support that helps to prevent tension and strain in the neck and shoulders
- Lightweight, compact and easy to carry
If you’re primary purpose of a travel pillow is to make sure that your neck is fully supported, you may like this pillow from Samsonite. It transforms into a traditional U-shape as well as a square-shape to use in case you’re in need of lumbar support.
This pillow also comes in handy on camping trips as an extra pillow to add to your gear. It is lightweight and filled with little beads. It is not what you would consider compact when it comes to travel pillows, but it does the job well.
5. Huzi Infinity Pillow
- INFINITY PILLOW - The patented travel pillow designed for all resting positions, with full adjustability, 360° support...
- VERSATILE DESIGN - Adjust the portable neck pillow and find your perfect sleep position anywhere, whether you’re in...
- AIRY COMFORT - Sleep better than ever with the perfect balance of softness and support. Relieve your neck pain or...
The Huzi Infinity Pillow is an excellent option for travelers that sometimes have problems getting comfortable. It takes its name from an infinity scarf and functions much the same way. The support comes from the way that you wrap it around your neck as you sleep. You can also use it to rest your arms if you’d like.
As a bonus, this entire pillow is washable which makes cleaning entirely convenient. You may also find yourself using it when you’re watching TV at home or when you’re reading a book.
The downside to this pillow is that it is bulkier than most and may not fit comfortably into a carry on. You can, however, wrap it around your luggage handle.
6. BCozzy Travel pillow
- BEST CHIN SUPPORT NECK CUSHION- BCOZZY’s ALL-IN-ONE features are unrivaled: ADJUSTABLE chin support, BUILT-IN SNAP...
- SUPPORTS HEAD AND PROVIDES NECK and SHOULDERS PAIN RELIEF: Ergonomically designed neck cushion provides maximum support...
- GREAT FOR HOME & OFFICE USE, DRIVING & TRAVELING. Great for the home especially if you doze off while watching TV or...
The BCozzy provides you with extra support under your chin. These airplane pillows are perfect if you’re the type that tend to fall forward when you’re sleeping. It does have a U-shape, but it also folds over and under your chin to keep you from jerking awake.
If you’d prefer,you can also fold it up to help travelers lean on the side when necessary. There are even two different sizes to make this pillow a fantastic option for adults as well as children. You can also use it in any seat, regardless of where you are on the plane.
7. Aeris Memory Foam Travel Pillow
- ✈ #1 BEST COMPACT TRAVEL PILLOW! Easily fold up your AERIS Neck Pillow, and bring it with you anywhere! It comes with...
- 💤 MOST COMFORTABLE NECK PILLOW + FLEXIBLE DESIGN— If you want a travel pillow to hold your head up in total comfort...
- ✈ EASY TO CLEAN WITH REMOVABLE COVER: Did you know that the outer pillow cover is made with extremely soft velour...
If firm support is what you need, then you should consider getting the Aeris Memory Foam Travel Neck Pillow. You can even pick what color you want from the following: black, blue, brown and purple.
It also comes with earplugs, a mask and a carry bag that will fit nicely in your carry on if you can pack it back up. There are ventilation holes that will keep you from getting too hot and it also has a washable cover. This pillow is in the traditional U-design.
8. AirComfy Lumbar
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL USE - The contour design not only holds your head upright, it also provides knee and lower, mid or upper...
- CONTROL YOUR COMFORT - Adjustable inflation allows you to choose if you want it soft or firm - making it suitable for...
- TAKE IT EVERYWHERE - Excellent for office chairs, car headrests, backpacking, camping, physical therapy, hospital bed...
This is the perfect pillow for someone who needs lumbar support more than anything else. You can use it for neck support, but that’s up to you. It self-inflates and keeps the support going until you decide you’re done with it.
The soft fabric on the outside feels great, and you can adjust the total firmness as needed. You can also use a strap to keep the pillow in place when you’re using it to keep it from sliding off as you sleep. It packs up nicely into a small drawstring carry bag that clips to your luggage or that you can stuff into your carry on.
9. My Pillow Roll and Go
- Made with our Patented Interlocking Fill -- Size 12'' x 18''
- Use it on top of hotel pillows to get all the benefits of your MyPillow away from home
- Use it for travel by plane, train or automobile -- Rolls Right into it's own travel case!
Do you prefer a more traditional pillow? If you do, then this is the best option for an airplane pillow for you. It is surprisingly easy to travel with this pillow as it compresses down and rolls into a pouch. The polyfill keeps you cool, too, while you’re sleeping.
If you needed it, you could also use this as a pillow to give you lumbar support.
You may love it so much you’ll find yourself using it at home while you’re relaxing on the couch. You can also fluff it up or compress it down so that it fits into the space that you need.
10. AirComfy Push Button Inflatable Daydreamer
- INFLATE WITHOUT BLOWING: Inflate in 30-60 seconds by repeatedly pressing built-in inflation pump. Press air release...
- SUPERIOR ERGONOMIC NECK SUPPORT: Unlike memory foam, gel or microbeads, you can adjust the size to your preferred...
- ENJOY A GERM-FREE SLUMBER: Your removable micro-velvet pillowcase is washable! Now you can always travel with a fresh,...
When you’re concerned with the total amount of space that you have available in your luggage, you’re going to appreciate this pillow because it is inflatable. It inflates quickly and deflates just as fast. You control the air with a button - so you can also decide how firm you
want your pillow to be.
The outside of the pillow is a soft material that is machine washable. Once you fold up the pillow, you can put it into the case and tuck it away inside your luggage. It’s light, too, so it won’t add any extra heavy bulk to the things you’re going to be
A FEW LAST WORDS ON AIRPLANE PILLOWS
As you can see, there are so many different airplane pillows to choose from depending on what you’re interests or needs are. You’ve got the choice of soft and washable pillows, inflatables, and even memory foam when it comes to these types of pillows.
You’ll need to decide if you’re looking for a pillow that fits your needs, your kids’ needs,or something you would like to have to use even when you’re at home. There are some options that are going to be strictly meant for travel and others are better for multiple purposes.
In the end, the right option is out there. You just have to find it.